Digital Content Producer (Volunteer Role)
The Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA), the independent national community voice on refugee issues, is seeking a Digital Content Producer on a volunteer basis, to join its team fighting for justice, fairness and equity in Australia’s treatment of people seeking asylum and refugees.
The role can be either Melbourne or Sydney based, 1-2 days per week, for a minimum commitment of 3 months.
The Digital Content Producer will support staff in either our Melbourne or Sydney offices to create engaging and emotive content for use across our digital platforms. The right person will have a knack for telling stories and understand how to use powerful content to motivate people to action.
We are looking for someone who can help create content in video, text and image format.
People with lived experience seeking asylum or as a refugee are highly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in a digital setting fighting for social or environmental justice
- Capacity to create short, engaging videos for us across RCOA’s digital platforms, including skills in script-writing, directing, videography and editing
- Experience writing content
- Basic skills in graphic design using Photoshop
- Animation and illustration skills are a plus
- Willingness to work in a team and independently
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and human rights
What we will offer
As part of this role the Refugee Council can offer you the following benefits:
- Ongoing training and development around campaign strategy, digital organising and community organising
- Feedback on professional development can be arranged
- Experience working with a peak body in a highly dynamic space
- Working to build a powerful movement for change
Email your CV with any relevant experience to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org